Does your child have difficulty following directions, struggle with organization, or have trouble focusing on and completing schoolwork? The following checklist can help you determine whether your child may have a learning difference.
Could my child have a learning difference?
If your child is struggling with:
- Following directions
- Staying organized and turning in assignments on time
- Learning facts and remembering information
- Understanding verbal directions
- Forming letters correctly, writing legibly, getting ideas “on paper” in a coherent way
- Explaining information clearly, verbally or in writing
- Focusing on and finishing school work
- Doing the math calculations or word problems
- Reading, spelling, or sounding out words